The BMFA offers a complete assurance package to promote and protect model flying in the UK and undertakes to represent all model fliers at the highest level. This includes negotiation with our national and local government departments, the Civil Aviation Authority, international bodies such as the FAI and CIAM, and a wide variety of aviation, sports and recreational bodies. By maintaining close contact with the authorities we maintain the model flyer’s status by achieving national recognition and self regulation.
The following services are also provided to affiliated clubs:
- Extensive insurance cover. (Further Details here)
- Flying Site Planning and Protection.
- Instructor Scheme.
- Achievement Scheme.
- Education Programmes.
- Regular Club Information Bulletins.
- Advice, Assistance and Support whenever required on all aspects of model flying.
- Provision of free information pamphlets on a wide variety of topics.
- Club Talks
- Assistance with dispute resolution
Below are a number of useful documents to download.