Types of membership
1) FULL INDIVIDUAL CLUB MEMBERSHIP as a senior is available to all model flyers 18 years of age or over, on the 1st January of the year of membership, who are members of an affiliated club. Those younger than this are called Juniors but have full membership status.
2) FULL INDIVIDUAL COUNTRY MEMBERSHIP Individual membership is open to applicants not belonging to an affiliated club, such members being known as Country Members.
3) FELLOWSHIP AND HONORARY MEMBERSHIP are two different classes of membership which are awarded to a few people in cases of special merit. Fellowship is, in fact, the highest honour awarded by the Association and is awarded to a maximum of two people each year by the Annual General Meeting.
4) FAMILY MEMBERSHIP is available to families living at the same address.
To qualify for Family membership, one full Senior member must register as Head of Family; a spouse/partner and all children under 18 years old can then register as Family members at a reduced fee.
5) SCHOOLS AND YOUTH GROUP MEMBERSHIP is open to bona-flde school model flying clubs and clubs organised by recognised youth organisations such as the ATC or the Scouts. The minimum number of club members is one individual senior and four reduced rate juniors. The juniors need not be named and their membership fee will be one third the current junior fee rounded to the nearest pound.
This gives the club full affiliated membership of the BMFA and at General meetings such clubs carry one vote. For the senior member and one vote for every three reduced rate juniors subject to a minimum of five votes
Any reduced rate junior may become a full member of BMFA by paying the full junior membership fee. Any such junior carries one vote at General meetings and is not disqualified from membership of their group. See also the section on insurance.
6) MEMBERSHIP PERIOD. The normal period of membership shall be from 1st January to 31st December in each year. Reduced fees are available from 1st July each year.
Each year at the Annual General Meeting the membership fee will be agreed.