The Achievement Scheme Review Committee will be hosting a further Achievement Scheme Roadshow on Saturday 5th October.
The venue is The Ship Inn, Thornbury Road, Alveston, Bristol, BS35 3LL
Refreshments and a buffet lunch will be provided.
We are very please to announce that David Phipps, BMFA CEO, will be joining us for the Roadshow to discuss the latest regulatory changes and how they may affect model aircraft flying and the achievement scheme. This will be an ideal opportunity to find out the very latest position and ask any questions you may have.
Places are limited and we expect this roadshow to be fully booked so to avoid disappointment please reserve your place as soon as possible.
Please complete the form at https://achievements.bmfa.org/achievement-scheme-roadshow-booking-form to reserve your place
This roadshow is open to any examiner, instructor or BMFA member interested in the Achievement Scheme.
Provisional Program of the day. (Subject to amendment)
10.30 – 11.00 Arrival & Registration (with Tea & Coffee)
11.00 Introduction & Welcome - Aim and format of the day
11.15 Philosophy of the Achievement Scheme
11.45 Regulatory Changes – to include targeted discussion
- Registration & Competency – what do they mean?
- Current situation
- Does this affect the achievement scheme?
12:15 Q & A Session
12.45 – 13.30 Lunch Break
13.30 Continued Competence
- Role of Clubs & Areas
- Responses to questionnaire - summary
14.00 Video Guidance
Update on FW - A & B test videos.
- Discussion on usefulness.
- Potential application to other tests, ‘A Flying Start’ etc.
14.30 On-line Developments
- Getting the most out of the portal
- Importance of Club input
- Certificate of attendance for Workshops & Road-shows – how it works
15.00 Tea Break
15.30 General Q & A Session
- Delegate’s opportunity to raise questions etc.
- What can the ASRC do to help examiners and instructors ?
16.00 – 16.30 (approximately) Close of Road-show