THE SOCIETY OF MODEL AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERS LIMITED
Notice is hereby given that the 70th Annual General Meeting of the above-named Company will be held at the Jurys Inn Hinckley Island Hotel, A5 Watling Street, Hinckley LE10 3JA on 18th November 2017 at 1.30 pm.
Registration: 10.00 am onwards.
Please find below to download: the Agenda; the Annual Report; the Income and Expenditure Account and Balance Sheet from 1 Apr 2016 to 31 Mar 2017; the Proposed Budget for the period 1 Apr 2018 to 31 Mar 2019 along with the Minutes of the 69th Annual General Meeting. A copy of these documents should be brought by you, or your representative, to the AGM.
Any questions relating to the Budget, or the Accounts for year ending 31 Mar 17 should be submitted in writing to the Accounts Manager Sian Sargeant, to arrive at least seven days prior to the date of the AGM. As in previous years a detailed presentation of the accounts will be given at the AGM.
Voting and Proxy Forms for the AGM plus details of the Annual Dinner and Prize-giving were forwarded to you in a previous mailing.
If you require any further advice or assistance please contact the head office.
Tel 0116 2440028
British Model Flying Association
31 St Andrews Road
Leicester, LE2 8RE
1. To receive the Minutes of the 69th Annual General Meeting held on 19th November 2016.
2. To consider and adopt the Company Report up to 31st August 2017.
3. To consider and adopt the Accounts and Balance Sheet of the Society, for the year ended 31st March 2017.
4. To approve the Budget for the ensuing financial year, and to fix the subscriptions payable by the members in each category for 2018.
5. To appoint Paul Stephenson of Payne Walker as Auditor for the ensuing year and to authorise the fixing of his remuneration.
6. To consider the Council’s recommendations for the election of Fellows of the Society of Model Aeronautical Engineers.
8. To receive the results of the Nominations for the Elected Officers and Technical Committees including the results of any elections.
9. To fix the date and venue of the 71st Annual General Meeting. Suggested date: 17th November 2018
1. That this AGM agrees to amend the Articles of Association, section 2.6.2 (vi), to remove references to ‘the Public Relations Officer’.
31, St. Andrew’s Road
Leicester LE2 8RE
Note: Any member of the Company entitled to vote shall be entitled to appoint another member as a proxy to attend and vote at the above-mentioned Annual General Meeting in his place (no member may hold more than five proxies.)