71st Annual General Meeting
Date:17th November 2018
Time: 1.30 pm
Venue: Jurys Inn Hinckley Island Hotel, A5 Watling Street, Hinckley, Leics, LE10 3JA.
Registration: 10.00 am onwards.
The following nominations have been received for the vacant Elected Officer's posts on the Council of Management:
- Chairman ** (1 year term) Ian Pallister FSMAE
- Vice-Chairman (2 year term) Peter Halman FSMAE
- Honorary Secretary (2 year term) Mark Benns
- Competition Secretary (2 year term) Jo Halman FSMAE
- Records Officer (2 year term) Simon Vaitkevicius
- FAI Delegate ** (1 year term) Julie Fisher
** Co-opted at Full Council Meeting January 2018 until the AGM ON 17th November 2018.
There are no ballots required for the Elected Officer’s posts.
There are no ballots required for Technical Committees
- To receive the Minutes of the 70th Annual General Meeting held on 18th November 2017.
- To consider and adopt the Company Report up to 31st August 2018.
- To consider and adopt the Accounts and Balance Sheet of the Society, for the year ended 31st March 2018.
- To approve the Budget for the ensuing financial year, and to fix the subscriptions payable by the members in each category for 2019.
- To appoint Paul Stephenson of Payne Walker as Auditor for the ensuing year and to authorise the fixing of his remuneration.
- To consider the Council’s recommendations for the election of Fellows of the Society of Model Aeronautical Engineers.
- To receive the results of the Nominations for the Elected Officers and Technical Committees including the results of any elections.
- To fix the date and venue of the 72nd Annual General Meeting. (Suggested date: 16th November 2019)
Any questions relating to the Budget, or the Accounts for year ending 31 Mar 17 should be submitted in writing to the Accounts Manager Sian Sargeant, to arrive at least seven days prior to the date of the AGM. As in previous years a detailed presentation of the accounts will be given at the AGM.